As the month of February comes to an end, it’s time to reflect on all the little things that made this month great! During this month, I have been loving a range of bits & pieces, from jewellery and candles to rediscovering makeup essentials.
1. Anthropologie Mini Capri Blue Iridescent Jar Candle in ‘white volcano’ – Even though it’s summer in Australia, I love lighting candles all year round to create a sense of cosiness and warmth in my room – and this candle from Anthropologie is perfect for the summer time as it’s citrusy, fresh and has hints of orange, lemon and florals.
2. Tiffany and Co. ‘Mini Heart Tag’ Earrings – I have worn these Tiffany and Co. heart shaped earrings almost every day this month as they go with every outfit and aren’t too overpowering! They also come in gold and a beautiful rose gold colour, and I absolutely love them for a simple stud which you can wear everyday.
3. Rimmel ‘Stay Matte’ powder – My skin is combination to oily and while I have always loved my holy-grail Rimmel ‘Stay Matte’ powder, during these warmer more humid months this has been an essential for me! I can honestly say after trying face powers from all different price ranges, this is my absolute favourite and nothing works nearly as well! While it doesn’t add much coverage (if this is what you’re after), for setting your foundation and concealer it is incredible. I find without this – my makeup doesn’t last nearly as long and becomes shiny very quickly (and not in a good way!) If you have oily skin I definitely recommend trying this powder, especially since it’s very affordable ($4-$10 depending where you live). I love to use this with my Eco-tools powder brush for an all-day, shine-free face. I recently did a post dedicated to all my favourite makeup brushes!
4. Essie Nail Lacquer in ‘Lapiz of Luxury’ – I love changing up my nail colour, and during February I have been wearing my favourite colour purple in Essie’s ‘Lapiz of Luxury’ for a subtle, pastel shade. This shade works well with my skin tone as it’s pastel but not too light, and perfect for the summer months. I adore Essie nail polishes for their unique colour range, but also quality – I find these easy to apply and with most shades, you only need to apply one coat!
5. Ardell ‘Wispies Black’ false eyelashes – For those night outs, I have been loving my newly-purchased Ardell ‘Wispies Black’ false eyelashes! These are the first Ardell lashes I have tried, and I absolutely love them – they have a thin, clear and flexible band making application simple (even for false eyelash beginners like me) and look lovely on the eyes. They are super full and wing out at the outer edges, and what I love about them is the eyelash hairs are all different lengths so while they add volume and length, they still appear relatively natural and don’t completely hide all the hard work you’ve done on your eyeshadow underneath!
6. Smashbox Always Sharp lip liner in ‘Nude Fair’ – This lipliner is perfect for an everyday nude lip, and I love to use this as part of my go-to lip combo. It’s super long-lasting and the lid of the liner is even self-sharpening. I find defining my lips with lip liner gives them more definition, and also ensures the lipstick I place over the top will last all day.
7. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in ‘Yogurt’ – I have also fallen back in love with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in ‘Yogurt’, especially using it as an inner-corner highlight on my eyes to brighten them up. The formula is super pigmented and smooth, and the colour is a beautiful rose gold. This would also be lovely as a base for the entire lid, on it’s own or underneath a
That’s all for my February favourites, let me know what you’ve been loving this month! ♥